The Loyola School, founded in the Jesuit tradition of academic learning, personal care, and spiritual growth, is a scholarship-based school serving children aged two through grade four from Baltimore City families of limited financial means.
Our dedicated faculty honors the uniqueness of each child and family and nurtures the potential of all children by providing a caring and supportive environment where they can be active, engaged and reflective learners.
We accompany our children as they develop both the academic competence and confidence to become leaders in their classroom, their school, and ultimately, the greater Baltimore community and beyond.
The Loyola School seeks a School Principal, an experienced and inspirational educator, who will
- direct the day-to-day operations of the School,
- possess the commitment and knowledge to lead faculty and staff in a respectful, equitable, and inclusive manner,
- manage the hiring, direct supervision, and dismissal of faculty and staff,
- direct the development and evaluation of age-appropriate curriculum and assessments,
- possess a deep understanding of the reading process and how to inculcate critical thinking skills,
- accept responsibility for School safety,
- communicate and collaborate with parents, students, staff, Trustees, and the Development Office.
- demonstrate good cheer, humor, and warmth balanced by professionalism and sound judgement,
- interact with the Mount Vernon and St. Ignatius communities and with the Heads of other schools with similar programs and students,
- supervise the development and expenditure of the annual budget,
- articulate the mission of the School,
- evaluate, coach, and mentor faculty and staff for improvement and development,
- play an active role in School fundraising,
- develop a vision for the long-term plans and growth of the School,
- report to the School President,
- and perform related duties as required or assigned.
The successful candidate will need elementary education experience in a technology-enriched environment as well as, at a minimum, a Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership and Administration or a teaching-related field. Prior leadership experience is preferred.
- Full time
- Medical plan
- Paid sick leave, personal days, and vacation
- School-sponsored 401k
- Tuition remission toward a graduate degree at Loyola University Maryland
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and current resume to [email protected].
The Loyola School is an equal opportunity employer. The School actively seeks diversity in all categories of employment and at all employment levels. Individuals are treated without discrimination based on race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disability or any other impermissible factor in accordance with federal, state or local law.