Executive Assistant 2
The mission of the Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Initiatives office is to demonstrate USD’s commitment to: student learning and success; high standards of quality and effectiveness in all of our educational activities; and institutional integrity, sustainability, and accountability.
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.
The Executive Assistant provides a wide spectrum of administrative support to the Vice President of Institutional Effectiveness and Strategic Initiatives (IESI), as well as the Director of IESI, as needed. Serves as primary staff liaison for committees that the VP leads or serves on (e.g. Strategic Planning Steering Committee, Executive Council, President's Cabinet, and Board of Trustees). Updates content on IESI website relating to general office information and strategic planning. Maintains personnel and budget records for IESI office. Schedules individual and committee meetings, luncheon and dinner reservations as needed, and handles conference registrations. Manages detailed, heavy scheduling of calendar and travel logistics for USD employees in IESI as well as for external program reviewers. Demonstrates the ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
Provides Administrative Support for Vice President
• Schedules appointments and complex multi-attendee meetings with high-level individuals. Contacts meeting attendees to coordinate agreeable meeting times. Uses Event Management System (EMS) to locate available meeting room and confirms with attendees the meeting time, location, and agenda.
• Prepares and distributes agenda materials for meetings
• Assists with sensitive and confidential personnel issues and appointments
• Prepares, processes, and handles confidential correspondence when necessary
• Makes arrangements for IESI's professional travel making airline, hotel, and conference reservations, and completes travel reimbursement documentation
• Makes travel and scheduling arrangements for external reviews as part of academic program review process
• Orders office supplies, keeping necessary items in stock
• Sends divisional mass emails for VP office and departments reporting to the VP office.
• Maintains department web pages relating to Strategic Planning and others as assigned with current information and search engine optimization.
• Helps to maintain organization of the electronic filing system (network drive and Dropbox) for IESI.
• Provides excellent customer service, with the ability to manage multiple duties of a sensitive and confidential nature
• Maintains high level of confidentiality
• Willingness to collaborate across campus and problem solve standard operating procedure processes
Provides Budget Support for IESI
• Maintains accurate and updated records regarding personnel and budgets supervised by the Vice President
• Reconciles OneCard purchases and statements
• Reviews OneCard transaction via SAP Concur and relevant supporting documentation from reporting departments for accuracy before obtaining Vice President's signature
• Manages incoming mail, reviews and obtains required information for reimbursements prior to distribution toVP for signature.
• Reviews and tracks submitted reimbursement request forms from various offices, responds to inquiries, and obtains required information for accurate processing of reimbursement requests utilizing appropriate funding sources
Provides Logistical Support for Program Review
• Works with Director to identify external reviewers and determine availability.
• Communicates with external program reviewers and program director in advance of, during, and after site visit.
• Reserves accommodation for external reviewers and prepares expense reports for honoraria and reimbursement to external reviewers, and follows up as needed.
Serves as Staff Support for Relevant VP Committees
• Schedules meetings; prepares and distributes materials in advance of meetings; facilitates communication among executive assistants of committee members (e.g. Executive Council, President's Cabinet, and Board of Trustees).
• Arranges meetings and catering (when needed) for the Strategic Planning Steering Committee and corresponding sub-committees. Gathers, prepares, and distributes materials for meetings. Maintain file organization for IESI specified work.
• Assists with other committees that arise for which the Vice President chairs or serves as a member.
Collaborate with Members IESI Office
• Work collaboratively with Director and staff on IESI projects as needed.
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree required.
• Three years of experience serving in an office setting required.
• Previous experience in an executive office preferred.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and public relations skills.
• Accuracy and attention to detail in an environment with many distractions.
• Ability to sense urgency and ability to prioritize workload accordingly
• Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
• Sensitive to personalities/needs/attitudes of all visitors that come to the office or contact the office
• Possess excellent organizational and time management skills, and the ability to work effectively under pressure while maintaining flexibility to adjust to changing priorities/needs of the office.
• Knowledge of basic budget processes
• Possess a working understanding of the University’s policies and procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of current office practice and procedures, good business English and proofreading skills.
• Proficient ability to use Microsoft Office and all its applications and Google Email
• Must be able to represent the VP Office in a professional manner, including dressing in appropriate business attire.
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package including; medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. http://www.sandiego.edu/hr/
Special Application Instructions:
Resume and Cover Letter Required
Click Apply Now to complete our online application. In addition, please upload a cover letter and resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Closing date: Open until filled
Note: External job postings will be up for at least five days. After that time, applications will be reviewed by the hiring manager/committee throughout the posting period. A candidate may be selected at any time which could then close this posting on a date earlier than listed.
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit http://www.sandiego.edu/
Advertised: January 06, 2022
Applications close: Open until filled
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/2851727