Job Title: Director of Mission Services and Spiritual Development
Reports To: Pastor of St. Catherine – St. Agnes Parish
Location: Greenwich, CT
FLSA Status: Full Time, Exempt
Position Summary: The Director of Mission Services and Spiritual Development is a senior Parish leader with professional and pastoral sensitivity to all members of the parish and the community. This person facilitates and promotes the mission of the parish by responding to the needs of existing ministries, while also helping to both identify and respond to new ministerial opportunities. A key element of this position is furthering parishioner engagement through programming and hospitality.
Grounded in Sacred Scripture, Tradition and the Sacraments, The Parish of St. Catherine of Siena and St. Agnes strives to embody the universal call to holiness as taught in the documents of the Second Vatican Council.
Our Parish is a dynamic, diverse community with over 2,000 registered families, 500+ participants in our youth faith formation programs and over 25 ministries operating on two campuses. There is a significant opportunity to make Parish Life more relevant to our parishioners, particularly families and the younger members of our Parish.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Support the Sacramental Life of the Parish
- Facilitate the scheduling and execution of all liturgical ministries (masses, weddings, baptisms, funerals, reconciliation, and the sacrament of the sick).
- Coordinate the registration for the training and education of all liturgical ministries.
- Connect the sacramental life of the church with service, hospitality, and spiritual development.
- Lead Spiritual Development for Teens and Adults
- Direct for lifelong faith formation activities for adults, young adults, and youth.
- Direct the Confirmation program.
- Facilitate retreat opportunities for parishioners of all age groups, working closely with the Director of Youth Faith Formation and Programming.
- Work to create a seamless transition for children having received the sacrament of confirmation to ongoing teen faith formation.
- Parishioner Engagement and Communications
- Provide for hospitality opportunities after selected weekend Masses.
- Supervise and/or support to parish lay ministries and groups.
- Work closely with the Director of Communications in messaging the activities of the parish.
- Help people encounter Christ through Service
- Identify and facilitate the engagement of parishioners in both ongoing and new service opportunities each quarter.
- Work closely with the Director of Youth Faith Formation and Programming in engaging families in service opportunities.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Directly supervise the Director of Youth Faith Formation and Programming.
- Meet regularly with the Pastor and staff to collaborate and ensure implementation of the Pastor’s vision and direction.
- Liaison with Diocesan Ministries.
- Lead a parish ministry which is able to determine/assess and coordinate timely responses to the spiritual needs of current events.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree in Theology or a related field. One unit of Clinical Pastoral Education would be welcome.
- Minimum of five years prior experience performing similar responsibilities.
- Active participant in the life of the Catholic Church and ability to participate in full sacramental life of the Church.
- Strong commitment to the Roman Catholic Church mission and knowledge of and personal commitment to its tenets and beliefs through word and actions.
- Ability to work well with people and interact with various constituencies in a professional and supportive manner.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to prioritize and delegate.
- Ability to manage and implement projects.
- Strong interpersonal skills, exhibits a willingness to learn and share.
- Working knowledge of budget programs.
- Demonstrates a high degree of integrity and ethical responsibility and maintains confidentiality, computer proficiency; experience with Microsoft Office programs (Windows), communication and database applications.
- Prior experience desired in a team approach to staffing and collaborating with others.
Candidates with listed requirements can send their resumes to [email protected]