Director of Marketing and Communications
Reporting to the Executive Director, the JRS/USA Director of Marketing & Communications will set and guide the strategy for all marketing and communications, including the website, social media, paid media, and public relations messages and collateral to consistently articulate JRS/USA’s mission, build JRS brand awareness, and support growth in the network of JRS/USA supporters. The Director of Marketing and Communications will manage a team of two full-time employees, coordinate with vendors and consultants, and work closely with colleagues within the organization as the communications partner on a variety of strategic initiatives and campaigns.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate strategic and annual communications plans across JRS/USA’s audiences in collaboration with colleagues and constituents.
- Mentor and supervise a Communications Officer and Web &Marketing Coordinator.
- Oversee brand building activities, including innovative campaigns. Provide leadership to ensure JRS brand consistency.
- Manage the development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral. including JRS/USA’s website, newsletters, brochures, annual report, and fundraising materials.
- Coordinate with partners, global colleagues, and others to develop consistent and compelling storytelling and other content that grows and engages audiences and communicates JRS’s mission around the world.
- Provide leadership on the management of all visual assets, using JRS’s digital asset manager.
- Provide leadership on all paid media efforts, including social media ads, print ads, and sponsorships.
- Provide oversight and collaborate with staff on media engagement, develop materials (e.g., press releases, op-eds, interviews., and direct media relations cultivating relationships with key media outlets. . Identify, cultivate, and support spokespeople for JRS/USA including finding opportunities to place thought leadership pieces, creating talking points, and providing media training.
- Manage incoming requests, and collaborate on writing, design, and promotion, from JRS/USA’s other departments to support their goals, including:
- Advocacy—action alerts, policy media outreach, annual advocacy publication
- Outreach—outreach materials and event collateral, digital programs
- Development—digital and written appeal support, fundraising collateral materials.Support events and field visits, including through written materials, photos, and videos.
- Lead efforts to test and measure the effectiveness of marketing and communications activities and the level of engagement within the network over time in order to grow the network of supporters. Regularly interpret analytics to adjust and support strategies, campaigns, and content.
- Provide strategic guidance to overseas JRS offices regarding U.S.-donor branding and marking requirements
- Identify, manage, and collaborate with vendors and consultants on an as-needed basis.
- Plan and manage the yearly Communications Budget.
- Lead in building strategies to promote JRS/USA’s domestic programming with a US audience.
- Bachelor’s in advertising, communications, public/media relations, or related area of study. Master’s degree desirable.
- At least 10 years of relevant communications, marketing, and/or public relations experience, including supervisory experience. Experience in the fields of humanitarian assistance, international development, or social justice is a plus.
- Able to take knowledge and transform it into exciting and useful messages and disseminate it to the right audiences through the best distribution channels.
- Experience working with teams to develop and implement communications and marketing strategies.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills. Public speaking experience desirable.
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently.
- Experience using data to make marketing and communications decisions.
- Experience with the following programs a plus:
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Pardot, Salesforce Marketing Cloud, Hubspot or other digital marketing and automation tools
- Meltwater, Cision, or other media monitoring and social listening tool
- Social media advertising including Facebook Business, Twitter, TikTok
- Google Adwords, Tags, and Analytics
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters.
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives and exploring new strategies and technologies in the field of communications.
- Familiarity with the Catholic Church and Catholic Social Teaching
Salary Range: $105,000 – 140,000/annually
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter here: www.indeed.com
We strongly encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply to all open positions.
JRS/USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, JRS/USA does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by the law. We welcome applicants from a diverse spectrum of qualified candidates.