Ignatian Volunteer Corps
Position Title: Communications Manager
Classification: Full-Time; Exempt (40 hours)
Reports to: Vice President for Advancement, Marketing, and Communications
The Ignatian Volunteer Corps® (IVC) is a faith-based (Catholic, Jesuit-affiliated) nonprofit agency that provides men and women, most age 50 or better, opportunities to serve others and transform lives. IVC matches the talents of experienced volunteers with the greatest social needs of our time.
IVC works in partnership with hundreds of community partner organizations. These nonprofit organizations provide member of IVC’s service corps with substantive work to serve individuals who have slipped through this country’s safety net.
Volunteers are strengthened in their Christian faith by IVC’s unique spiritual reflection program, which is rooted in the Jesuit tradition of Ignatian spirituality. By contributing their leadership skills and life experience into service, IVC volunteers improve their communities and work toward a more just society.
• The Communications Manager will manage external communications with attention to all constituencies, including prospective and current IVC service corps members, community partners, and donors. This position works collaboratively with all IVC regions and various contractors with a goal to produce high-quality content that engages all constituents and builds brand recognition
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and oversee the execution of external communication projects that will impact brand awareness and loyalty; drive significant usership and readership growth across digital, print, and social media metrics and assure the cultivation and stewardship of a diverse donor and service corps member base.
- Collaborate with IVC leadership to develop a communications calendar and content plan for national and regional communications
- Oversee timeliness and execution of campaign emails: Corps Connections, Annual Impact Report, New Donor and New Corps Member Welcome Packets, Ad Hoc emails and event promotion; and supports with evaluating distribution list and segmentation of recipients.
- Manage and maintain IVC’s website. Responsible for content and strategic use of website
- Manage and develop social media content including news, special topic articles, events, advertisement, recruitment, and corps member/service partner features.
- Ensure all IVC materials have consistent and positive messaging and branding
- In partnership with the Program Team, develop corps member recruitment and placement development collateral.
- Work with Advancement Team to assure that donor cultivation collateral including events, and solicitation materials stay on brand and are consistent with the messaging theme of the organization.Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 2-3 years experience in fundraising, marketing communications and/or digital organizing with high volume institutions and organizations.
- Experience with and deep understanding of mission, vision and branding communications through an Ignatian Catholic lens.
- Demonstrated success managing social media and marketing campaigns, developing promotional materials such as brochures and annual reports
- Experience with website management, design and content creation; WordPress and Divi Builder experience a plus
- Excellent professional communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office productsWorking Conditions
- Typical workday of 9am to 5pm.
- This position’s work is cyclical with significantly greater workload at certain times.
- Comfort with Zoom/remote environment.Key Working Relationships
Internal: VP for Advancement, Marketing, and Communications; VP of Program and Operations; VP for Partnership Development; Directors of IVC regional offices
External: Donors, Members of IVC’s Corps Community, technology platform vendors
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Familiarity with IVC and commitment to IVC mission
- Familiarity with Catholic social teaching and Ignatian spirituality
- Experience working with and presenting to older adults.
- Strong detail orientation, analytical, organizational, and time management skills are a must.
- Good interpersonal skills and comfort with various constituencies
- Ability to multi-task and work both individually and as part of a team
- Experience managing contractors such as graphic designers and video producers
- Flexible, ability to adjust to changing circumstances
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Creativity and drive to take initiativeThis job description is not an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, duties and responsibilities associated with the position
Letter of application and resume should be submitted by March 31, 2022 to: Steve Eberle, IVC Vice President Advancement, Marketing, and Communications. [email protected]. Please include the names and contact information for two references.