Parish Life Director at Ss. Peter and Paul Jesuit Church
Ss. Peter and Paul Jesuit Parish is a diverse Catholic community, located in a historic church in the heart of downtown, and engaged in today’s revival of the city. We reach out and invite all to join us. Transformed by our liturgy and committed to prayer and a spirituality of service in the Jesuit tradition, we live as men and women for others in the Spirit of Jesus. Ss. Peter and Paul is seeking a vibrant and creative Parish Life Director.
In this new position, the Parish Life Director will work with the parish leadership team in developing and implementing parish programs, including especially programs for young adult and new parishioners. In addition, the Director will oversee a variety of parish organizations, and aggressively promote parish life through digital social media.
Full time position with competitive salary and Michigan Catholic Conference benefits; requires availability on evenings and weekends.
- Oversee existing parish programs and activities, and organize new ones as needed, to sustain and increase parishioner involvement and spiritual growth
- Together with the young adult board, plan and implement spiritual, service, and social events for young adults, both single and married
- Welcome new parishioners and engage them in parish life
- Be present at major parish social events and weekend liturgies in order to engage parishioners and build community
- Promote events and provide spiritual messaging in print and digital social media
- Support the mission, vision and goals of the parish as articulated in the strategic plan by the pastor, parish leadership teams, and parish pastoral council
- Help the parish engage with other churches and public events in the City of Detroit in service of the parish’s mission
- Attend all leadership team meetings
- Participate in local workshops, conferences and continuing education pertinent to this position
- Graduate degree in ministry or related field preferred
- 2 years or more of work experience in parish ministry, or equivalent
- Understanding of Jesuit spirituality or desire to learn
- Proficient with social media
- Aptitude for, and comfortable in working with Millennial young adults
- Strong communication and team skills with an enthusiasm for working with parishioners
- Creative, innovative, and self-directed spirit in developing new parish programs
- Regular availability on evenings and weekends
Please send cover letter and resume to Lydia Maola, Operations Director, [email protected] Candidates’ cover letter should articulate how they can contribute to the parish mission as set forth in the parish plan available on the parish website, especially Section II., Community Growth. Applications accepted through August 31, 2018, or until position is filled.
Ss. Peter and Paul Jesuit Church is an equal opportunity employer that does not illegally discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, height, weight, genetic information, marital or other legally protected status.
438 St. Antoine St.
Detroit, MI 48226