Siena Retreat Center, located on Lake Michigan between Chicago and Milwaukee, is seeking an experienced leader in the ministry and practice of spiritual guidance. The full-time position of Spiritual Guidance Coordinator will cultivate the growth of the Center's spiritual companioning offerings.
A significant part of this position is the collaborative leadership of Siena Retreat Center’s two-year Spiritual Guidance Training Program (SGTP) and its annual Institute for Spiritual Guidance. Other responsibilities include offering spiritual guidance and spiritual guidance supervision; coordinating the discernment/placement of private retreatants and others who inquire about spiritual guidance at the Center; coordinating the program offerings that relate to spiritual guidance and grief support; and facilitating retreats, days of reflection, and other programs throughout the year.
This role requires significant experience as a trained spiritual guide and as a leader in spiritual guidance education/formation. A master's degree in spirituality or related field is preferred. Additional qualifications include:
- the completion of a spiritual guidance training program
- significant experience in a retreat center, spirituality center, or similar setting
- the completion of supervision training or the willingness to complete supervision training
- skill in leading programs and facilitating retreats
- commitment to personal and professional self-reflection, learning, and growth
- a demonstrated appreciation for all aspects of social diversity and evolutionary cosmology
- and the management of ethical issues as they relate to the position.
A full job description of the Spiritual Guidance Coordinator position may be found at www.SienaRetreatCenter.org. To apply, interested and qualified candidates are asked to send a resume and cover letter by Thursday, October 1, 2020, to: Siena Retreat Center’s Executive Director at [email protected].
Siena Retreat Center is an equal opportunity employer and a nonprofit ministry of the Racine Dominican Sisters. In the spirit of the Racine Dominicans, the welcoming community of Siena Retreat Center seeks to be a catalyst for a more just and compassionate world.