RENEW International President and Executive Director
RENEW International is a Catholic nonprofit organization committed to fostering personal and parish spiritual renewal. RENEW was founded more than 40 years ago by leaders who were inspired by the teachings of the Second Vatican Council-particularly regarding the Church's missionary character and the place of the laity in the Church. RENEW creates and publishes parish-renewal processes and small-group faith-sharing books. RENEW also offers Parish Catalyst learning communities that help leaders transform their parishes through a process of collaborative learning and strategic planning. RENEW is seeking a strong dynamic faith leader who has an entrepreneurial spirit with proven executive success. The right leader is an excellent communicator who can relate to all stakeholders-donors, clergy, and parish leaders. The person in this position is responsible for providing strategic leadership for the organization by working with the Board of Trustees and staff to establish and execute long-range goals and strategies that will achieve the greatest impact among the laity and their parishes and that will also assure the sustainability of RENEW itself.
RENEW's Board of Trustees. The President serves at the pleasure of the Archbishop of Newark.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Represents RENEW positively and clearly articulates its mission to bishops, pastors, donors, Catholic organizations, and the general public;
• Provides leadership in fund-raising activities and cultivation and solicitation of major donors;
• Generates new business;
• Assures that RENEW has a strategic pastoral plan that supports its mission and makes timely progress toward the goals of that plan;
• Exhibits leadership in developing new programs and publications and leads in the use of digital technology;
• Manages the organization's infrastructure including planning, finances, use of technology, program development and evaluation, publishing, and human resources;
• Promotes an actively engaged Board of Trustees, keeping members informed of the state of RENEW, and important factors affecting the organization;
• Works collaboratively with the Board of Trustees and Executive Team, to develop, implement, and evaluate policies, procedures, and strategic plans;
• Supervises the preparation and, following Board approval, administration of the annual budget;
• Insures that RENEW maintains a Catholic environment that attracts, retains, and motivates a competent and diverse staff;
• Fosters and personally adheres to Catholic principles, practices and doctrine and maintains a collaborative relationship with the Archbishop of Newark and the other members of the Board by preparing and presenting an annual report;
• Assures that all RENEW publications and presentations are in conformity with the teachings and practices of the Catholic Church.
Full time; general hours and days of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; regularly requires long hours and some weekend work.
Required to frequently travel locally and regionally during the business day; there is frequent overnight domestic and international travel (30 percent) by air, train, or automobile.
Must be a practicing Roman Catholic who is, and remains, in good-standing with the Church and its teachings.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Masters in Pastoral Theology or related field; seven years of experience in an executive management position. Executive Director, Senior Leadership, or Director of Evangelization and Catechesis on the diocesan level. Experience in parish renewal and/or Catholic publishing helpful.
SALARY and BENEFITS
RENEW offers a competitive salary and a comprehensive employee benefit program including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, group term life insurance, AD&D insurance, 403(b) plan, retreat opportunities, a faith-based environment, and a generous paid time-off policy.
HOW TO APPLY
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter to the attention of Search Chair at [email protected]
Please be sure to include a cover letter with the following information:
• Description of your interest in the position and passion for the mission
• Evidence that your qualifications and experience match the organization's interests
• Your experience in executive management
• How you learned of the position.
To learn more about RENEW International, www.renewintl.org
This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
To renew personal faith and parish life-
unlocking the power of small groups
by equipping laity and clergy
to share their Catholic faith and live it every day.