Holy Trinity Catholic Church
Managing Director of Parish Operations
Holy Trinity is a Roman Catholic parish sponsored by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits), a religious community that was founded by St. Ignatius of Loyola in the 16th century. The mission of the parish, since her inception in 1787, has been to help parishioners live the Gospel of Jesus, that is, to celebrate the Sacraments well and often, to engage in collaborative ministry with the laity and all people of good will, to foster individuals' deepening relationship with Jesus through all forms of the Spiritual Exercises, and to be in solidarity with persons who are living on the margins of society, empowering them to change unjust social structures. In this way, Holy Trinity serves the larger Church and the people of God in the Washington, D.C. area.
Holy Trinity has created the new position of Managing Director of Parish Operations to provide greater capacity and expertise in the day-to-day operations of the parish. Working in close partnership with the Pastor, Father Kevin Gillespie, SJ, the Managing Director will be responsible for developing and implementing best practices in all aspects of Holy Trinity’s systems, policies, and procedures. This position will be an important partner to Father Gillespie and staff to ensure Holy Trinity is serving the parish’s needs and being the best possible stewards of its resources.
The top candidate first must be a practicing Roman Catholic with a demonstrated commitment to social justice and a proven record of operational leadership experience in a mission-driven organization. This position will require a seasoned leader with exceptional problem-solving skills, analytical abilities, and demonstrated expertise across all key operational functions: administration, finance, human resources, facilities, and information technology.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Operational efficiency: Work collaboratively with Father Gillespie, the Jesuits, Parish staff, and other key stakeholders to promote best practices and improve the day-to-day efficiencies and long-term strategic planning of the Parish.
• Ministry administration and operations: Provide support to all ministry programs and activities to ensure the leaders have the resources required to carry out their purpose.
• Financial and facilities management: Oversee administration of the physical and financial assets of the parish. In collaboration with the Director of Finance and Finance Council, maintain proper financial controls and reporting and with the Director of Facilities, the proper maintenance and improvement of the physical facilities of the Parish and School.
• Staff development and organizational culture: Collaborate with the Director of Human Resources to build an inclusive and equitable work environment where every staff member is able to bring their full authentic selves to Holy Trinity. Help cultivate an organizational culture that reflects the Roman Catholic faith, Ignatian tradition, and Holy Trinity’s values of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Fundraising: Support the stewardship and fundraising activities of the church by collaborating with the Director of Stewardship on efficient operations and communications.
• Communications: Support the parish communications programs by collaborating with the Director of Communications to successfully implement the website, bulletin, and all other multi-media materials.
• Information technology: Oversee the work of the IT vendor to ensure Holy Trinity is operating with secure and effective technology.
• Practicing Roman Catholic with a commitment to social justice
• Demonstrated experience as a successful leader in a comparable role, including oversight of all operations, finance, human resources, and IT
• Demonstrated ability to develop and implement innovative policies, processes, and systems to optimize an organization’s operational efficiency
• Proven ability to effectively build organization and staff capacity, developing an experienced team and the processes to ensure the organization runs smoothly
• Evidence of the ability to consistently make good decisions through a combination of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment
• Exceptional oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
• Self-motivated with a proven ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
• Collaborative working style with an ability to build consensus
Holy Trinity Catholic Church