Amigos de Jesús, a non-profit 501(c)(3) home for over 135 children located in Macuelizo, Honduras, based in Hatboro, PA is seeking applications and nominations for the position of Executive Director.
Amigos de Jesús has an on-site bilingual school, vocational and spiritual development programs, and a commitment that our children have the skills needed to be productive citizens in their home country. Amigos de Jesús also financially supports another 350+ children in Honduras, Guyana, Tanzania and Argentina.
Our mission is to be Friends of Jesus and, therefore, to imitate the behavior and attitude of Jesus Christ for the children of Amigos de Jesús. We accept abandoned, abused and impoverished children with the hope of respecting and enhancing their spiritual, physical, emotional, social and intellectual growth within their country of origin. We aspire toward self-sustainability for both the orphanage and the children who graduate. We believe we are also disciples of these children and will be humbly transformed by the presence of Jesus Christ in the children.
Please visit our website: www.amigosdejesus.org for more information.
Responsible for the overall administration and operation of this multi-site Agency, the President and CEO reports to a Board of Directors and provides both leadership and supervision to Executive Management Teams domestically and in Honduras. The President and CEO is responsible for setting the strategic direction; preparing budgets; establishing plans; directing senior staff; and monitoring performance to assure goals as well as strategic initiatives are reached.
KEY SELECTION CRITERIA
· Strategic Visioning, Planning and Implementation
· Servant Leadership and Staff Development
· Board and Organizational Development
· Fundraising and Communication
· Cultural Sensitivity
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
· Experience managing or working with international Non-Profit Organizations;
· Bilingual (Spanish/English) and bicultural (knowledge of Honduran culture a plus);
· Experience with financial management, accounting and managing budgets;
· Able to travel both domestically and internationally multiple times a year;
· Fundraising experience;
· Commitment to faith-based service initiatives;
· Knowledge and management of databases and CRM.
Amigos de Jesús has retained the services of Diversified Search to assist in this search. Please submit a cover note and resume, in confidence, to [email protected]