In the spirit of their founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph, Brentwood, NY continue to work tirelessly to bring God’s inclusive love to schools, hospitals, orphanages, health care centers, educational programs for immigrant women, the imprisoned and the forgotten, as well as supporting social justice issues.
The Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Coordinator supports the four schools sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph, Brentwood (Academia Maria Reina; Fontbonne Hall; The Mary Louis Academy; and Sacred Heart Academy) The role is responsible for ensuring that Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is integrated and aligned with the Congregation’s mission and that each CSJ school administration has the resources and support to lead its unique community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide strategic leadership on diversity, inclusion, equity and justice by creating a strategic plan or by implementing existing DEI strategic plan.
· Assist in aligning DEI practices within the School’s Catholic identity inspired by the mission, vision and values of the Sisters of St. Joseph.
· Advise on diversity and equity related issues among the student body, faculty and staff.
· Advise and/or serve on any existing DEI committee within school community.
· Appreciation and commitment to the mission of the Sisters of St. Joseph and Catholic social teachings.
· Master’s degree preferred along with a minimum of three years secondary school experience.
· Refined ability to provide leadership and training to key personnel.
· Proven record of the implementation of diversity, equity and inclusion programs in school settings.
· Energetic, flexible, collaborative and proactive team player
· Proficient in Microsoft Office
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work successfully with academic and non-academic departments.
· Ability to work effectively through telecommunications and willingness to travel among schools, as needed.
For immediate consideration, please e-mail your resume along with cover letter including salary requirements.