Director of the Pastoral Institute
The University of the Incarnate Word in San Antonio, TX seeks a Director of the Pastoral Institute for the College of Humanities Arts and Social Science. Position is responsible for providing leadership and direction to the Pastoral Institute and oversight to its academic programs and offerings including the M.A. in Pastoral Ministry, and B.A. in Pastoral Ministry (a collaboration with the Mexican American Catholic College). The Director will have teaching duties as assigned in both the Pastoral Institute and Religious Studies department on the UIW main campus. In all matters, the Director is expected to maintain the highest standards of professional ethics consistent with the UIW Mission. Anticipated start date of June 1 (or no later than August 1), 2023.
University of the Incarnate Word is a Catholic institution that welcomes to its community persons of diverse backgrounds, in the belief that their respectful interaction advances the discovery of truth, mutual understanding, self-realization, and the common good.
• Ph.D. or Th.D. in Theology, Pastoral Theology, or a related discipline.
• The ideal applicant will be a Roman Catholic who holds a Ph.D. or Th.D. in theology, pastoral theology or a related discipline, demonstrates a solid academic record in scholarship and teaching, has administrative experience, and is familiar with lay ministry education and formation in the Roman Catholic tradition.
• Bilingual in the Spanish language strongly preferred.
• Experience in programs specializing in pastoral theology and preparation of students to serve competently and effectively in contemporary ministries including Catholic education, lay ecclesial ministry and leadership, especially in parish settings, religious education on all levels, catechetical leadership, and youth ministry.
• Direct and further develop the graduate degree program of the Pastoral Institute.
• Serve as lead in curriculum development.
• Provide oversight for the undergraduate degree in pastoral ministry offered in collaboration with the Mexican American Catholic College.
• Serve as primary advisor to students in the Pastoral Institute.
• Stay current in field of pastoral ministry.
• Teach duties as assigned, in accordance with the needs of the Religious Studies department on the UIW main campus.
• Comply with UIW Faculty Handbook processes and policies.
• Perform regular scholarly research and publication.
• Provide service to the department, college, university, community, and profession.
Applications received by April 3, 2023 will be given priority consideration.
Quicklink to Apply to Posting AS1654PO: https://apptrkr.com/3987446
UIW Offers Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance. 19 Paid Holidays, Vacation, & Sick Leave. Employer-Paid Life/AD&D Insurance & Long-Term Disability Insurance. Defined Contribution Retirement Plan (403B). UIW Tuition Waiver, Tuition Exchange Program. Employee Assistance Program, Free Membership to on-campus gym, and more!
UIW is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in employment, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship status, national origin, age, marital status, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, pregnancy, and religion (except in limited circumstances when religious preference is both permitted by law and deemed appropriate as a matter of University Policy).