Catholic Theological Union (CTU) seeks an innovative digital marketer to lead the online strategy in increasing visibility, audience engagement, and financial growth for a leading graduate school of theology and ministry in the Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago.
The Director of Digital Presence is an integral member of the Advancement team and is responsible for the digital strategy and overseeing the daily implementation of marketing efforts to generate inquiries and support the inquiry-to-enrollment process, public events, and online appeals. Hybrid working arrangements for this position will be considered.
The individual must be comfortable working in a Catholic institution of higher learning and is expected to become immersed in and support the mission and vision of the school. Please email a cover letter and resume to Carmen Salas, HR Generalist, at [email protected].
Applications missing a cover letter will not be considered. Full job description is listed below.
Catholic Theological Union Employee Position Description
Position: Director of Digital Presence
Supervisor: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Hiring Administrator: Vice President of Institutional Advancement
Compensation: $90,000 Annually
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement plan available immediately with company matching available after first year, Flexible Spending Account/Dependent Care Spending Account, Pre-Tax Parking/Transit program, Paid Time Off, 6-8 weeks paid Maternity Leave & 1 week paid for Paternity Leave, Infant at Work Policy, and more.
The Director of Digital Presence is a leader among the Advancement team and is responsible for the digital strategy and overseeing the daily implementation of marketing efforts to generate inquiries and support the inquiry-to-enrollment process; public events (to include broadcast development and distribution); and online appeals.
The Advancement Department at Catholic Theological Union is comprised of the Enrollment Management, Development and Marketing teams as functional areas that work in tandem to advance the institution’s goals: To attract students as well as develop understanding and support among the various constituencies of the institution in order to secure the resources required to fulfill CTU’s mission.
In this newly created role, the Director of Digital Presence will execute new and innovative ways to reach a relevant and growing audience and deliver a superior digital experience of a graduate school of theology and ministry, curating and elevating CTU’s brand awareness nationally. The Director has one direct report, the Marketing Manager, as well as the support of multiple vendor/outsourcers (web maintenance, graphic design and ad management). The Director receives support and direct collaboration from the Advancement Data Manager, the Events Manager, the Director of Development, the Director of Enrollment Management and the Vice President of Institutional Advancement. The Director of Digital Presence will be an integral member of an institutional technology task force.
· Own the strategic direction, guidance and manage/oversee the execution for all digital marketing efforts for CTU including:
- o ctu.edu institutional web presence and [email protected], multi-media platform
- o Livestream and recorded public and external events
- o CRM and emarketing
- o Social Media platforms
- o Digital advertising
- o Digital recruitment experience
- o Online fundraising appeals
- o Digital fundraising engagement and donor stewardship
· Partner with program directors, advancement directors (enrollment and development), and Director of Educational Technology to set a digital strategy while establishing clear and measurable objectives.
· Lead digital marketing efforts to drive qualified traffic and revenue-generating strategies using SEM, social media, programmatic, SEO, website and email marketing automation.
· Provide strategic direction in the creation of dynamic and engaging interactive experiences for prospective students, alumni, donors and other key constituents across all digital platforms.
· Identify digital trends and understand new technologies and align these with institutional advancement goals and objectives to create new and innovative marketing opportunities and solutions.
· Manage marketing and communications budget. Use data driven insights and analytics to inform strategic decision making and maximize ROI across digital channels.
Below are the minimum requirements of the education, experience, knowledge, and skills required to competently perform in this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· In-depth knowledge of Catholic Church issues and trends; knowledge of the structure of the Catholic Church in the U.S. and demonstrated ability to work and thrive within its culture.
· Demonstrated intercultural and interreligious competency and experience working across cultures.
· Active understanding of CTU’s faculty, students, constituents, programs and mission.
Skills and Abilities
· Bachelor's degree required, Master degree preferred
· Professional writing and editing skills
· Minimum 4 years’ experience in digital marketing including paid media, organic and multi-channel marketing
· Expertise with Adobe Media software or similar
· Working knowledge of with WordPress (or similar), MailChimp (or similar) livestreaming/broadcast platforms, Google Suite, Canva, and all major social media platforms, and associated analytics
· Skilled videographer and comfortable with photography
· Strong knowledge of best practices in digital media, email marketing and website optimization
· Hybrid working arrangements will be considered
· Ability to work on site for events, meetings, and willingness to work some extended hours, night and weekends, as needed