Xavier University, a Jesuit Catholic university in Cincinnati, invites applications for the position of Director of the Dorothy Day Center for Faith and Justice (CFJ) within the Division of Mission and Ministry. This position reports to the Associate Vice President for Mission and Ministry to set the vision and direct the ministry of the CFJ.
The Director will lead and supervise a diverse team of campus ministers to create innovative, engaging and life changing programs and experiences for the student body at Xavier University. The Director of the CFJ also works with the leadership of the Division of Mission and Ministry to shape and form partnerships with departments across Xavier University.
Key responsibilities include:
- Establishes and promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of the CFJ in collaboration with the Associate Vice President.
- Provides for the effective oversight of the team of campus ministers at the CFJ in support of division policies and procedures.
- Ensures successful liturgical and worship opportunities, enriching service/immersion experiences, and exceptional pastoral care for students.
- Supports and promotes our Catholic, Jesuit mission, including the integration of faith and justice throughout all the ministries of the CFJ
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with a range of key partners at the university and in surrounding faith communities.
- Represents the CFJ and Campus Ministry in activities both on and off campus.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
The Dorothy Day Center for Faith & Justice helps students recognize meaning, discover purpose and work for a better world. As a Jesuit, Catholic University the CFJ develops students who encounter God, grow in faith and spirituality, and promote social justice. CFJ campus ministers support students through worship, retreats, pastoral care, service, and immersion experiences.
Xavier’s newly formed Division of Mission and Ministry will provide motivated candidates the opportunity to form a team of ministers that serve students of many faith traditions, Candidates will be able to shape the future of campus ministry on our campus. An ideal candidate will have extensive experience in campus ministry, with experience and training in Ignatian spirituality and Jesuit education being ideal. Candidates must have a master’s degree and 2-5 years of relevant work experience including the supervision of a team. Commitment to Xavier University’s mission, vision, and values is required.
Xavier University is committed to equity, inclusion, and diversity. We can best pursue our mission as a Jesuit Catholic University by having a campus culture characterized by inclusion and significant numbers of diverse students and employees. We welcome a broad spectrum of candidates, and particularly invite applications from individuals who are under-represented in the profession. The successful candidate will have experience working with a diverse range of staff and will be able to engage colleagues all across campus in a professional manner. Candidates are encouraged to identify their experiences and interests related to Xavier’s commitment to inclusivity and diversity.
To ensure consideration, qualified/interested applicants must submit a cover letter, resume and the names and contact information of three professional references on Xavier University’s website. The position will remain open until filled. Resumes will begin being reviewed on September 17, 2023. Candidates are asked to include with their cover letter a brief statement on how they might support/contribute to Xavier’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
In light of the strong commitment to diversity, Xavier seeks a broad spectrum of candidates for this position that includes women and minorities. Xavier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to enhancing equity, inclusion, and diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, skin color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Xavier University offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and employment class.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Tax advantaged accounts including health savings account, flexible spending accounts, and dependent care account.
- Financial security via life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, and holidays.
- Tuition remission for employees and their eligible dependents.