Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a comprehensive campus ministry program in the areas of faith and leadership formation of students.
- Facilitate opportunities for spiritual development for Catholic students and students from other faith traditions.
- Manage and utilize Campus Ministry budget, office space, and supplies to support office ministries and events.
- Supervise Assistant Director and Campus Ministry Coordinator / Administrative Assistant and any other support staff to provide support and guidance in completion of administrative tasks in support of Campus Ministry.
- Evaluate the quality of campus ministry programs and services as well as request student feedback in the evaluation.
- Supervise student leaders and groups within Campus Ministry to provide formation empowering them to offer ministries and events on campus.
- Collaborate with current university-wide initiatives, including Mount Inclusive Excellence and social justice initiatives.
- Supervise and actively support retreat programs for students (e.g. Mountward Bound, semester retreats, and RCIA retreat).
- Supervise FOCUS team director to provide vision, integration, and support for FOCUS missionaries in their apostolate.
- Coordinate planning of events for the University calendar in cooperation with other offices and departments.
- Supervise Pastoral Field Education (PFE) seminarians to guide them in their support of the various non-liturgical offerings of Campus Ministry (RCIA, fellowship, men’s ministry, etc.) and coordinate liturgical support from seminarians with University Chaplain.
- Coordinate with seminarian Sport Chaplains to ensure the integration of their apostolate into the general non-liturgical ministry for students.
- Work with and support the University Chaplain on the scheduling of liturgical events.
- Attend Directors Meetings in the Division of Student Life and serve as a member of the Student Life leadership team.
- Participate and serve on campus wide committees as assigned.
- Maintain confidentiality of information including, but not limited to proprietary information, student, and employee personal information, etc.
Job Requirements: Education, Experience and Skills:
- Must be a Roman Catholic in good standing, understanding and supporting the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, including moral and pastoral teachings.
- Master’s degree in Theology (or a related field) preferred
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings when necessary
- 5-7 previous years of experience supporting and/or leading a campus ministry program or department.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communications skills.
- Leadership skills and ability to develop and foster relationships with a diverse student body.
- Ability to facilitate dialogue with all faiths on campus and communicate effectively across the Mount’s diverse student population.
- Must possess an understanding of and support the teachings of the Roman Catholic Church, including moral and pastoral teachings.
This is a full-time position with full benefits and annual, holiday and sick leave. The university offers a generous benefits package, including tuition remission for graduate and undergraduate classes at Mount St. Mary’s University, retirement program with a match as well as a generous paid time off schedule. Competitive salary commensurate to experience.