Our Director of Apostolic Mission and Charism will be responsible for deepening the sense of and commitment to the Holy Cross mission and charism through the province apostolates, including parishes, colleges and universities, and our other ministries. This position focuses both on the members of the U.S. Province as well as our lay collaborators, educating others on Holy Cross’ role in the Church and society as well as promoting knowledge of the charism of the Holy Cross family.
Our Director of Mission and Charism will:
- Develop and implement short and long-term vision, strategic plan, and measurable goals for the Office of Apostolic Mission and Charism
- Implement best practices in mission and charism engagement through benchmarking and networking with other religious communities
- Partner with province parishes to implement programs for staff and lay collaborators that increase engagement with and understanding of the distinctive Holy Cross charism
- Partner with colleges and universities to implement specific strategies for faculty, staff, and administrators that increase engagement with and understanding of the distinctive Holy Cross charism
- Develop plan for receiving and maintaining charism of Holy Cross secondary schools, (i.e., sponsorship model)
- Work with religious serving in secondary schools, including organizing teacher retreats
- Facilitate committees and councils related to higher education, parish, pastors
- Serve as the principal contact for all special ministries of the province
- Travel up to 30% of the time in the fulfillment of these responsibilities
Ideal Candidate Requirements:
- An A. in Theology, Education or a related area, or M.Div. degree required.
- A PhD is strongly preferred
- At least five years of ministry and/or work experience is required.
- Higher education experience is preferred.
- A practicing Roman Catholic with an understanding of the Church and clergy. Knowledge and personal experience of the Congregation of Holy Cross is strongly preferred. Adherence to Catholic standards of conduct, policies of the Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend, and the social, ethical, and moral teachings of the Roman Catholic Church.
In return for your efforts, the Province offers a personally and spiritually rewarding environment considerate of work-life balance and an outstanding compensation and benefits package that includes paid time off, paid holidays, medical/dental insurance, 403(b) retirement savings with an employer match as well as a pension plan.
The Congregation of Holy Cross is a religious community of Catholic, apostolic priests and brothers established by Blessed Basil Moreau in 1837 with the charism of serving as educators in the faith. The priests and brothers of Holy Cross make God known, loved, and served through parishes, educational institutions, and other ministries that today span five continents.