Position Title: Marketing Coordinator
Status: Exempt, part time
Division: Catholic School Office
Reports to: Superintendent
The purpose of this position is to oversee the development and implementation of the diocesan marketing plan as well as coordinate the development and provide resources for the implementation of each diocesan school's marketing plan. The marketing coordinator will work with the Diocesan Marketing Committee to develop the diocesan marketing plan and be responsible for setting the meetings, agendas, and location of each meeting. In addition, the person in this position will provide training, support, and be a resource for the best marketing practices to the parish/school marketing directors.
- Oversee the Development and Implementation the Diocesan Marketing Plan
- Establish and implement a Diocesan Marketing Plan with the advice of the Diocesan Marketing Committee.
- Establish, maintain, and chair the Diocesan Marketing Committee which will act as an advisory committee to the marketing coordinator.'
- Create and maintain marketing materials and communications that can be used at the diocesan or parish level.
- Train pastors, parish diocesan marketing directors, principals and other staff as needed.
- Coordinate Marketing Efforts of Parish Schools
- Develop a school/parish marketing "play book".
- Collect and communicate best marketing practices to parish/school marketing directors.
- Train school/parish marketing directors as needed.
- Serve as Professional Resource
- Respond to information and support requests from Catholic Schools Office staff.
- Guide and support Parish Schools in their marketing efforts
- Support efforts of the Diocesan Marketing Committee.
- Meet with Catholic Schools Office staff, Diocesan Marketing Committee, and Catholic School Leadership Team as needed.
- Manage the Catholic School Office social media
- Maintain and regularly update the Catholic School Office webpage, Facebook page and any other social media.
- Support schools in their implementation of social media and related marketing materials.
- Train Catholic School Office staff and parish staff in best use of social media and email.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Exercise sound judgement; apply innovative thinking to solve problems and identify solutions.
- Builds constructive working relationships characterized by a high level of acceptance, cooperation and mutual respect.
- Promote a sense of collaboration and teamwork; share information and learning; keep others informed to help promote Diocesan strategy and goals.
- Communicate clearly and effectively; deliver concepts, opinions and ideas in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate efficient and effective organizational and implementation skills
- Work independently with confidence, and minimal managerial oversight.
- Manage projects on time and within budget parameters.
- Undergraduate degree in a closely related field, or any equivalent combination of education and/or experience. (Preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in similar position.
- Intermediate skills in MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point.
Note: All Diocesan employees are required to acknowledge and sign the Ethics and Integrity in Ministry policy.
About the Employer
The roots of Catholicism in western Missouri go back to French fur traders and trappers who ventured along the rivers as early as 1723. Today, the Diocese encompasses 15,429 square miles in 27 counties in the northwest portion of Missouri. The Catholic people of the Diocese number more than 135,000 across 97 parishes, missions, and schools.