Dean, Cameron School of Business
The University of St. Thomas invites applications and nominations for the position of Dean of the Cameron School of Business. UST is looking for an experienced leader with a solid commitment to teaching, learning, and academic excellence to promote student success.
The University of St. Thomas (UST) is a comprehensive Catholic university located in the heart of Houston’s Museum District and Innovation Corridor, and just steps from downtown Houston, Texas. The University’s core curriculum is grounded in the liberal arts that offers over 35 undergraduate majors and 20 graduate programs. UST serves over 3,000 students and offers an attractive campus environment within a diverse and vibrant urban environment that encourages learning, discovery, and personal growth. The University of St. Thomas is focused on high-quality teaching, scholarship and service, and providing students with an experience that instills the core values of the Basilian founders of goodness, discipline, knowledge and community. For more information visit: https://www.stthom.edu/About/About-UST.aqf.
The Cameron School of Business
UST’s Cameron School of Business is one of the University’s four academic units. The School is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and home to undergraduate and graduate programs in business administration, marketing, accounting, finance, economics and international business. The School also has a nationally recognized Master in Clinical Translation Management.
Programs at the Cameron School of Business focus on developing leadership potential, taking higher-level views of business processes, and viewing success as more than just making a profit. Students will experience a highly interactive and discussion-based approach to business education. Professors will focus on the moral and ethical questions faced in today’s marketplace. The School has industry association relationships and connections with organizations including, Greater Houston Business Ethics Roundtable, Business Ethics Forum, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy, Texas Society of Certified Public Accountants, Houston CPA Society, CFA Institute’s Houston Chapter and many more.
The Dean reports to the Vice President for Academic Affairs and serves as the chief administrator of the Cameron School of Business. The Dean will be responsible for leading the School and ensuring its academic performance. The Dean will also serve as the catalyst to carry forward the mission of UST, increase enrollment, build and cultivate effective partnerships with surrounding business communities & nonprofit organizations, and ensure compliance with AACSB accreditation.
The Dean will facilitate growth and enhancement of academic programs (both online and face-to-face) through support for sponsored research, grants and partnerships, and oversee the development and orientation of department chairs. Beyond the School, the Dean will work closely with deans and faculty from other schools as well as staff and other colleagues in Finance, Enrollment Management, Student Affairs, Institutional Advancement, Marketing, and Human Resources to develop and support programs that contribute to sustainable growth and high quality learning outcomes.
Required Experience and Other Attributes
· A terminal degree in a field represented in the Cameron School of Business with a solid reputation for excellence and scholarly achievement.
· Minimum of seven years of experience in the classroom as an instructor plus five years of senior-level administrative experience.
· A deep understanding of and respect for the importance of liberal arts as the foundation for quality professional education.
· Proven ability to inspire, collaborate and negotiate with diverse and sometimes competing constituencies. The individual must be a person who can lead and inspire the faculty to new levels of engagement to champion creativity and innovation.
· Demonstrated experience with institutional and AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) accreditation.
· A seasoned professional experienced in governance and committed to fostering cohesion and collaboration.
· Demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities in academic administration including regulations, laws, and other general related policies.
· Demonstrated record of fiscal responsibility and accountability with a high degree of financial acumen.
· Strong leadership qualities demonstrated as ability to recruit and build a strong faculty.
· Recognized as having academic vision with attention to the future of higher education and emerging trends.
· An appreciation for disposition to lead the School on diversity and inclusion among students, faculty and staff.
· Recognized as highly ethical, trustworthy, credible and respectful of diverse views and opinions and as someone known for building consensus and being a good listener.
· Highly effective communication skills, both verbally and in writing.
· To be an active member in good standing in the Roman Catholic Church and demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of Ex Corde Ecclesiae.
The Search Committee will begin reviewing applications immediately and continue to accept applications and nominations until the position is filled. Applicants must submit a comprehensive cover letter, complete CV, five (5) professional references, and a statement explaining the candidate’s understanding of Ex Corde Ecclesiae as it relates to the position. Nomination letters should include the name, position, email address and telephone number of the nominee. All applications and nominations will be handled in confidence. Applications and letters of nomination should be submitted by email to:
Alberto Pimentel, Managing Partner
Email: [email protected]
Refer to code “UST-CSB” in the subject line
Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates
6512 Painter Avenue, Whittier, CA 90601
The University of St. Thomas is an Equal Opportunity Employer