The Coordinator(s) of Youth Ministry is responsible for:
• Coordinating discipleship efforts for adolescents utilizing a comprehensive youth ministry model, including Confirmation.
• Utilizing an effective means of communication to both youth and their families about the variety of ministry and program opportunities available.
• Identifying, training and supporting parish leadership teams of youth and adults who, together with existing parish commissions, implement ministry efforts aimed at addressing evangelization.
• Developing and maintaining a budget for youth ministry.
• Providing ongoing education and consciousness-raising for the broader parish about a vision of youth ministry, youth culture, adolescent development, youth needs, etc.
• Serving as the liaison to other youth-serving agencies within the broader community and to the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
• Advocating for participation by youth in the ministries and service organizations of the parish.
• Developing and utilizing evaluative tools for all aspects of the ministry.
• Coordinating and leading the yearly youth mission trip.
A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Pastoral Ministry, Religious Studies, Theology, Religious Education, or related field is required. This position requires evening and weekend work.
Competitive salary based on prior experience.
Interested candidates can send their resume to Sr. Elaine Winter, SND, The Community of the Good Shepherd Parish, 8815 E. Kemper Road, Cincinnati, OH 45249 or email [email protected] Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled.