St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church
in Raleigh, North Carolina, an award winning and nationally recognized community of nearly 5000 households, is seeking a Director of Justice and Peace. The parish has a longstanding commitment to social outreach, advocacy for human dignity, forming consciences for faithful citizenship, and solidarity with those most vulnerable. The Director of Justice and Peace provides oversight of our ministries in the areas of justice formation, service and mission in the wider community, and advocacy. Through these ministries, the Director of Justice and Peace, in collaboration with the pastoral staff, fosters the social mission of the Church, raises awareness of social issues, and promotes an understanding of Catholic Social Teaching.
If you are an active, fully initiated, practicing Catholic dedicated to collaborative ministry and the advancement of the vision of the Church, as promoted by the Second Vatican Council, this position may be right for you.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years’ experience in parish or diocesan-based social ministry, charitable service, advocacy, mission work, pastoral ministries or a related field
- Strong relational, communication, computer, organization, budgetary, and leadership skills
- A thorough understanding of Catholic Social Teaching and its’ application to a wide scope of contemporary social issues
- Comfortable speaking to small and large groups
- Master’s degree in theology, education, sociology, or related field
- Experience in small group facilitation and teaching
- Experience in leading advocacy campaigns and community-based organizing, as well as project and event planning
Applicants should submit a résumé with a cover letter to: [email protected]. Applications accepted through March 22, 2023.