Campus Ministers at Boston College promote the University’s Jesuit, Catholic mission by working collaboratively to make available to the whole community opportunities for worship, retreats, service-immersion, and pastoral care.
Campus Ministers assist in the coordination of weekly student liturgies, major University-wide Masses, and prayer services. Campus Ministers also work in partnership on other Mission and Ministry initiatives, as well as other University initiatives, focusing predominantly on the intellectual, social, and faith development of undergraduate students. The role requires the ability to provide both pastoral care and spiritual guidance to students and others in the University community.
Additionally, each Campus Minister maintains responsibility for administering a specific departmental program. A key responsibility for this position is management of the department’s Appa Volunteers Program (“Appa”). The program introduces students to key tenants of Catholic Social Teaching through a year-long formation process that includes an alternative spring break service-immersion trip in the United States.
- Catholic, with an affinity for and understanding of Ignatian spirituality and Catholic social teaching
- Master’s degree in Theology, Divinity, Spirituality, Pastoral Ministry, or a related field
- Eagerness to work collegially with colleagues and to engage in professional development
- Three years of post-graduate experience in university / high school campus ministry, or equivalent work experiences
- Strong budgetary, communication, and organization skills, as well as a solid attention to detail
- Experience with fundraising is preferred