The graduate School of Theology and Seminary (SOT/SEM) at Saint John's University invites applications for the full-time, benefit eligible position of Associate Director of Admissions.
The SOT/Sem, with an enrollment of more than 100 students, educates men and women for ordained and lay ministry in the Church. In pursuit of its Catholic mission, the SOT/Sem educates and forms students for life, ministry, and service by integrating world class academics, Benedictine practices, and a spiritual community in a contemplative environment.
Saint John's University (SJU) is a liberal arts college for men and a graduate School of Theology for both men and women and is also the home of the Hill Museum & Manuscript Library and the Collegeville Institute for Ecumenical and Cultural Research. The campuses are located in the central lakes area of Minnesota, surrounded by more than 3,000 acres of pristine forests, prairies, and lakes. The campus is minutes away from St. Cloud, an increasingly diverse regional center with a population of over 100,000, and 70 miles from Minneapolis and St. Paul. Some SJU faculty and staff choose to reside locally, while others commute from the Twin Cities. Both St. Cloud and the Twin Cities offer a wide range of fine arts, cultural, dining, recreational, and sporting opportunities.
SJU is a Catholic college in the Benedictine tradition enlivened by values of community, hospitality, stewardship, and justice. The university is dedicated to cultivating an equitable, inclusive community founded on respect for all persons. Students, staff and faculty from many diverse belief systems and backgrounds collectively bring a rich dimension to the academic, cultural, and religious experience at SJU. Learn more in our Institutional Statement on Diversity and in our brochure regarding Higher Education in the Catholic and Benedictine Tradition.
With a total enrollment of approximately 1,600 students, SJU has a unique coordinate partnership with the College of Saint Benedict (CSB), a liberal arts college for women. SJU and CSB are committed to the holistic transformational development of men and women within the context of a unified, coeducational experience. All students, faculty, and staff have the opportunity to experience and engage with the two institutions. For further information, see http://www.csbsju.edu/about.
SJU offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program
The SOT/SEM Associate Director of Admissions serves as member of the SOT/SEM Admissions team and participates in the Strategic Planning group which provides the overall strategic direction for annual and long-term recruitment and enrollment planning. The Associate Director is primarily responsible for recruiting students for graduate theological study, building a recruitment network, and sustaining strong levels of applications and inquiries. The Associate Director works collaboratively with the Director of Admissions to increase the school's visibility on social media, online and print platforms, and other modes of advertising and communication that reach potential students.
- Oversee the recruitment of students from generating inquiries through [receipt of the application] enrollment in collaboration with other members of the Admissions team.
- Promote SOT/SEM degree programs with potential students, friends of the SOT/SEM, undergraduate theology programs/institutions, and alumni including on-going communication and cultivation with such groups.
- Generate inquiries and maintains personal contact with potential students. Follow-up with students using current contact management methods.
- Guide prospective students through the process of application and enrollment, working collaboratively with the Admissions Committee consisting of faculty and financial aid representatives.
- Build a strong and consistent recruitment network and represent the SOT/SEM at appropriate venues such as conferences, college campuses, volunteer network gatherings, ministry conventions, and other settings that build the school's network and offer opportunities to generate inquiries.
- Work in close contact with the Admissions team and Dean of the SOT/SEM to meet specific numeric goals for inquiries and applications.
- Assist the Admissions team in the development and implementation of a strategy for the use of social media in identifying prospective students.
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Strong communication, interpersonal relations and presentation skills
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in visual and textual media, goal orientation and self-motivation to promote SOT/SEM brand and degree programs
- Demonstrated intercultural communication skills.
- Strong understanding of recruitment and admission procedures
- Articulation of commitment to the mission and vision of the SOT/SEM
- Flexibility in work schedule so as to be able to travel 3-5 days per month and to hold evening and/or weekend meetings.
- Graduate degree in Theology
- Experience in recruitment and admissions in a school setting
To Apply: Click Here
If you require an accommodation to participate in the Saint John's University hiring process, please contact us at (320) 363-2508 or [email protected]
It is the policy of SJU to conduct a pre-employment background check. An offer of employment is contingent upon a successful background check.
Saint John's University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer.