The Assistant Director of Marketing is responsible for helping Xavier tell its story in compelling ways. Working closely with the Vice President for Communications and Marketing and in collaboration with colleagues across the institution, the Assistant Director of Marketing contributes to Xavier’s overall marketing and communications strategy, conceptualizing and implementing cross-platform content to galvanize prospective families, make a positive impact on recruitment and retention, and support general institutional goals.
Reports to: Vice President for Communications and Marketing
Key Responsibility Areas
- Contribute to overall marketing strategy and ensure adherence to the institutional marketing calendar
- Manage and evaluate institutional print and digital advertising
- Maintain and update admissions webpages on a regular basis
- In collaboration with the Admissions Office, develop, implement, and evaluate drip marketing plans using Finalsite Workflows
- Create, analyze, and share web and email analytics reports; use analytics to drive and refine web and email marketing strategy
- Shoot admissions-focused photos and video regularly; edit and package content for cross-platform use
- In collaboration with the Admissions Office, coordinate production of the admissions viewbook. Schedule photography, organize interviews, and liaise with photographers, graphic designers, and printers
- Oversee production of the school profile, curriculum guide, and Open House promotional items
- Write for Xavier Magazine, the Annual Report, and the Xavier E-News
- Administer the annual admissions survey; manage other survey work as necessary
- Assist the Admissions Office with all email and mailings to prospective families, principals, high school placement coordinators, etc.
- Coordinate the design and purchase of promotional items for the Admissions Office
- Manage design and purchase of business cards and employee nametags
- Champion correct usage of graphic and editorial standards and brand guidelines; protect and promote the school brand and identity by ensuring all communications content maintains a high level of quality and features a consistent tone and style
- Support the mission of Xavier and the ongoing work of communications through regular presence at events, appropriate participation in the retreat and service programs, and ongoing participation in Jesuit Schools Network and province activities
- Engage in ongoing professional development (CASE, Public Relations Society of America, Jesuit Schools Network, etc.).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in marketing, communications, public relations, media studies, journalism, or related field; graduate degree in one of these fields a plus
- At least three years of experience in marketing communications; experience marketing for admissions a plus
- Strong, compelling writer and editor with excellent communication skills
- Creative, organized, detail-oriented self-starter; able to work independently
- Digital marketer—has experience with email marketing, social media, and web design
- Understands and can communicate the importance of brand adherence and visual identity and editorial standards
- Consistent track record of collaboration and juggling multiple priorities
- Proficiency with CMS, social media and social media management tools, video editing software, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop, and Microsoft Suite
Please email a resume, cover letter, and two writing samples to Shawna Gallagher Vega, APR, Vice President for Communications and Marketing, at [email protected] The final deadline for all applications is February 15, 2022.