Assistant Director (Full time position)
Applications accepted through March 5, 2018
The Sisters of St Ursula are seeking an Assistant Director for Linwood Spiritual Center.
Starting Date: Negotiable
Applicants are requested to send by e-mail, a cover letter and resumé to: [email protected]
Job Summary: The LSC Assistant Director works collaboratively with the LSC Director, the Staff, and the LSC Treasurer to uphold the mission and core values of LSC in all matters of general administration. We seek a person with skills in development, planning, public relations, and fiscal management, as well as a knowledge and understanding of Ignatian spirituality.
Mission: Linwood Spiritual Center is a sponsored ministry of the Society of St Ursula. We desire to welcome diverse groups and individuals and to provide an atmosphere of openness and hospitality where people find home. Linwood is sacred ground where people can find a nurturing, safe environment to listen to God’s voice in the beauty of nature and within themselves. Rooted in the Ignatian tradition of finding God in all things, we recognize the goodness of the humanity of each person. We wish to companion people on their spiritual journey as they seek God and to foster spiritual freedom and growth.
Core Values: The apostolic dimension of Linwood is of primary importance to our mission. We wish to emphasize the relational aspects of ministry; building bridges between people and groups suffering from any kind of exclusion. We seek a person with experience and a deep appreciation for Ignatian spirituality.
- Promote and sustain the mission of LSC within the SU charism
- Report directly to the LSC Director
- Offer hospitality and presence to all guests of LSC
- Work with LSC Director in scheduling events
- Work collaboratively with Director, LSC Treasurer and SU Advisory Committee in long range planning, budget, fund development and financial reporting
- Performs other related duties as assigned by LSC Director
- Master’s degree (M.A./M.S.) in Christian Spirituality or related field
- Three years retreat ministry experience
- Willingness to work with a flexible schedule
- Proficient in Communications, especially Social Media and Digital Marketing
- Computer competency
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively in speaking/writing.
- Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiency; develops realistic plans