Duties and Responsibilities:
Oversee the liturgical life of the USD Community
- Facilitate the Founder’s Chapel Sunday worship community.
- Supervise student sacristans who oversee the liturgical ministry and offer leadership formation.
- Create a formation plan for Liturgical Ministry leadership that results in student sacristans who are empowered to be leaders amongst their peers who are reliable, competent, and capable of facilitating Mass independently
- Recruit, form, and schedule liturgical ministers to serve as ushers, readers, and Eucharistic Ministers on rotation for all Sunday and university-wide liturgies.
- Lead weekly liturgy meetings that incorporate student participation, presiders, and necessary partners for all university liturgies aimed at the planning and creation of spaces for intentional prayer for a diverse university community for all Sunday student-liturgies
- Collaborate with members of the UM team to integrate ongoing ministries into our liturgical ministry.
- Utilize social media and other emerging technologies to assist and support evangelization efforts and invite students to participate in University Ministry events.
- Advise, counsel and mentor students; be available for pastoral care and spiritual companioning.
Oversee University-wide liturgies, including the planning, recruitment, and day-of execution
- Facilitate liturgy meetings that incorporate student participation, presiders, the Director of University Ministry, and any necessary partners for all university-wide liturgies aimed at the creation of spaces for intentional prayer for the university community.
- Organize detailing planning for and lead day-of oversight of large, university wide liturgies such as the Mass of Welcome, Mass of the Holy Spirit, the All Faith Service and the Baccalaureate Mass.
- Work with community partners for special Masses that gather alumni, parents, and families for Masses in Founders Chapel
- Serve on committees and planning groups for university wide liturgies.
Serve on University Ministry committees and task forces; collaborate with other UM staff on other programs; serve on university committees and execute duties as assigned.
Special Conditions of Employment:
The University of San Diego is requiring all employees to follow our Covid-19 vaccine requirement process. https://www.sandiego.edu/onward/
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.