The Development Manager is an experienced and dedicated fundraising professional that is committed to supporting all aspects of the fundraising efforts of America Media. This person will take a lead in coordinating aspects and accompanying pilgrim groups on international trips as well as providing support to the President, Editor-in-Chief and Board of Directors.
The Development Manager will work with the President, Editor in Chief, V.P. of Advancement, Board of Directors, and other team members to streamline the operational aspects of the Advancement team to raise essential funds from individual and institutional sources to sustain the organization in the long and short terms.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
● Work to meet and exceed annual fundraising goals by strengthening donor relationships and forging new ones to maximize fundraising potential.
o Coordinate the development and distribution of fundraising materials including, but not limited to: the annual appeal, event and pilgrimage collateral and online giving days. This includes direct mail pieces, electronic communication and other donor communications.
● Assist in coordinating America Media’s international travel program including the registration of
travelers, coordination with the travel agency
o Participate on 2-3 international pilgrimages per year
● Provide support and outreach in conjunction with the President and Editor-in-Chief
o Maintain, review and update calendar of the President, including meetings, appointments, personal engagements and events
o Coordinate support for meetings and events: Assist the President and Editor-in-Chief with in any presentation preparation as needed. Confirm all details for set up including catering, a/v, reservations, & transportation
o In partnership with the President and Editor-in-Chief, coordinate communications and aspects
of the Board of Directors, including preparation and execution of quarterly in-person
meetings, committee calls and other outreach to the Board
● Collaborate with the Advancement Team on the grant applications process from the identification, submission and reporting of grants.
● Conduct and share prospect research for individual and institutional funders.
● Other duties as assigned
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● 3-5 years experience in fundraising with individual and institutional funders
● An organized approach to task and project management
● Solid computer skills with working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge and MailChimp
● Excellent communication skills both written and orally
● Ability to take initiative while working collaboratively
● A valid passport and willingness to travel abroad
● Flexibility to work evenings and occasional weekends, as needed
● A drive for professional development and growth within the organization
● Ability to be in the New York City office 2-3 days per week
America Media is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To Apply: Submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected]