Advising Office Manager
Job no: 532929
Work type: Officer of Administration
Location: Eugene, OR
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Administrative/Office Support
Department: UESS – Office of Academic Advising
Appointment Type and Duration: Regular, Ongoing
Salary: $50,000 – $55,000 per year
Compensation Band: OS-OA05-Fiscal Year 2023-2024
Application Review Begins
December 4, 2023; position open until filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents with your online application:
- A resume/CV
- A cover letter highlighting how your knowledge, skills and experience qualify you for the requirements, competencies, and qualifications outlined in the job posting.
- The names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses, and telephone numbers
The Division of Undergraduate Education and Student Success (UESS) promotes academic excellence, universal access, engagement, and achievement for the student scholar. UESS programs focus on the educational trajectory of the student by providing opportunities and services essential for progress toward scholastic objectives and intellectual development. UESS departments and programs serve the entire population of UO undergraduate students and partner closely with other campus units to support student success and engagement.
The Office of Academic Advising (OAA) provides advising services to Exploring students, students who are petitioning, and students receiving advising case management support. Additionally, OAA provides centralized coordination and support for a variety of university functions including new advisor training, transfer student support, and incoming student advising and registration.
The Assistant Vice-Provost for Advising and Accessibility (AVPAA) provides leadership and support to the Accessible Education Center, Advising Technology, the Office of Academic Advising, and Tykeson College and Career Advising. Additionally, the AVPAA coordinates and supports a variety of university student success initiatives, including support for the university advising community, new student transition support, and participation on student success committees.
The Office Manager reports to the Assistant Vice-Provost for Advising and Accessibility (AVPAA), provides executive confidential support to the AVPAA, and is responsible for office management to functions in the Office of Academic Advising (OAA) as well as other programs in UESS as needed. The Office Manager may also provide program and office management support for OAA and other units within the AVPAA portfolio.
The office management functions include but are not limited to: mail services, facilities and equipment, records management, telecommunications, space access, travel logistics coordination, searches, onboarding, and separation. The Office Manager is responsible for establishing office policies, procedures, and workflow for the unit in accordance with the UO and UESS policies and procedures in close consultation with the OAA director. The Office Manager manages supply orders, purchasing and contracting, and reimbursement processes for the office working with UESS Administration and the Provost’s Administrative Service Team (PAST). As a member of the UESS Administrative Work Group, the Office Manager contributes to informing and establishing UESS divisional policies, procedures, and best practices.
This position requires someone who is able to work in a team environment as well as independently. The position manages complex issues that advance institutional access initiatives related to student success and compliance efforts. Required skills include the ability to adapt and demonstrate flexibility, demonstrate strong organizational and communication skills (both verbal and written), and provide customer service.
The Office Manager works closely with UESS colleagues, students, other student services offices at the UO, and faculty. This position must demonstrate cultural agility and humility, a commitment to developing inclusive environments, and regular engagement with professional development around diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., communication, business, etc.) or an equivalent combination of skills, experience, and education.
- Three years of office or project management experience of increasing responsibility, including serving as team lead on projects.
- Commitment to professional growth and development around the principles and skills of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Effective communication skills, especially related to writing and analyzing reports, proofreading/editing, taking meeting notes/minutes, and drafting complex policy/planning documents and correspondence.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and follow-through.
- Excellent time management skills with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Proven proficiency with Microsoft Office applications (word processing, spreadsheet, Teams), web publishing, and Outlook for email and calendaring (or similar scheduling programs).
- Ability to manage stressful situations appropriately and to use sound judgment and initiative, particularly as it relates to handling sensitive and/or confidential materials and issues that may relate to personnel, budget, policy development, or union matters.
- Ability to work effectively with students, faculty, and staff from a variety of diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment and also work independently.
- Ability to coordinate meetings, events, and initiatives with other colleagues across the university.
- Ability to stay within the budgets allocated to projects and events.
- Demonstrated commitment to contributing to the diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts of an organization.
- Two or more years of experience as an office manager or executive assistant.
- Experience working in higher education.
- Knowledge of disability support services and accommodations.
- Experience with event planning, and handling travel arrangements
- Experience directing projects, programs, or a department to include accountability for achieving objectives.
FLSA Exempt: Yes
All offers of employment are contingent upon successful completion of a background inquiry.
The University of Oregon is proud to offer a robust benefits package to eligible employees, including health insurance, retirement plans and paid time off. For more information about benefits, visithttp://hr.uoregon.edu/careers/about-benefits.
The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the ADA. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply, and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status. The University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. To request an accommodation in connection with the application process, please contact us at mailto:[email protected] or 541-346-5112.
UO prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, sex, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression in all programs, activities and employment practices as required by Title IX, other applicable laws, and policies. Retaliation is prohibited by UO policy. Questions may be referred to the Title IX Coordinator, Office of Civil Rights Compliance, or to the Office for Civil Rights. Contact information, related policies, and complaint procedures are listed on the http://studentlife.uoregon.edu/nondiscrimination.
In compliance with federal law, the University of Oregon prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and services. The Annual Campus Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://clery.uoregon.edu/annual-campus-security-and-fire-safety-report.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/4786270
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.